Thursday, July 22, 2010

2009 BICENTENNIAL Coins

I did some posts recently about the new pennies that came out last year, but I did not know what they were about and why they were doing it. So I did some research on it and found out that in 2009, the United States Mint issued four different one-cent coins to commemorate the 200 year anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's birth and the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln cent. The reverse designs were unveiled September 22 at a ceremony held at the Lincoln Memorial while the obverse continues to assume the likeness of Lincoln currently on the one-cent coin. The reverse reflects four different designs, each one representing a different aspect of President Lincoln's life. Aspects include...


Birth and early childhood in Kentucky (1809-1816)
Formative years in Indiana (1816-1830)
Professional Life in Illinois (1830-1861)
Presidency in Washington, DC (1861-1865)
This really made some things clear to me and I hope I did not confuse anyone on the earlier posts. ~Nathanael

No comments: